Saturday, January 8, 2011

He whispered to me, "I like you better!"

I volunteered in Autumn's classroom and saw that she was very close to a boy. They hold hands and they were stuck like glue. Then, Autumn had to go to another group, and I saw there was another girl came to that boy, holding his hand, and dragged him to another corner of the classroom.

That night, I asked Autumn if she likes that boy. She said yes. I asked again if many girls in the classroom like that boy. She said yes again. I asked who else likes that boy. She told me the name - the girl who dragged that boy to the other side of the room. I teased Autumn and asked if she knows who that boy really likes, among all the girls who like him. Autumn said, " Mom, off course he likes me!" I said, " How do you know?" Autumn said, " He whispered to my ear and told me he likes me better!"

First graders, is that their puppy love???

No comments:

Post a Comment