Kyle told me he found a dice on the floor. So, I asked if he found it at his school. He said no because he knew that if he found it at school, he was suppose to give it back to whoever owned it. Then he said he found it at on the floor at home. I asked him if what he was telling me was true. He said yes. So, I let it go. A minute later, he said the dice was dirty when he found it and he had to wash it in the bathroom. I asked which bathroom did he use to wash the dice. He said, "the school bathroom. " Oh well, Kyle, you were lying right there, I thought. So, I asked him, " Kyle, you said you found it at home but you had to wash it in the bathroom at school?" He looked at me and didn't know what to say. Then, he apologized for not telling me the truth.... See right there, the power of open-ended question.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment