I always wonder what makes my kids happy...what make them like to go to this childcare but not the other? what made them sing aloud tonight but not last night? and now, I guess I found out why...
First, let's look at what they eat for snack in this summer childcare. Autumn made a worm cake, it was full of dark chocolate and a few gummy worms. I am sure there were no nutrition, high sugar and high calories. Now with the other school that Autumn went to in the fall and spring, I was told to cut her grapes in half, she needed to eat her food in small bites, I needed to pack her lunch with vegetables, fruits, daily, and protein. If I didn't do that, I would sure get a note from her teacher...
But now, I think the staff in this summer school really look at the life through the kids' lens. Yes, who care? I think the kids deserve some bad food sometimes. They have lived their days to the fullest, they play hard, they laugh hard, they sing hard, why can't they just eat what they want, sometimes.
They really deserve it, although sometimes adults might not like it.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment