There are many parents and freshmen/women in Marquette U today. It is the move in day. First day for the fresh people to attend the university. You would see some parents cry after they said bye to their kid(s). It probably is the tears of happiness, oh, it might be a celebration, or it is really a sadness, of finally the kids are leaving the house.
But some parents can't let go. They will be so called "helicopter parents" that still monitor every move of their kids. When their kids don't get "A" from a professor, they could pick up their phone and questioning the professor regarding their grading rubric. I even heard that some of them would accompany their kids for their job interveiw...
They are insane. Enough already. The kids should learn to grow up and take responsiblity for their behaviors. I admit that my children are always my babies. But I also have to learn to let it go and let them fly on their own. Life is tough, I have been through it, and I believe my children can go through it, I can't protect them always.
Just one thing that I promise them though, I will support them emotionally, whenever they need it.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment