Monday, September 14, 2009

李壽全-張三的歌



I said I have been loving this song since 20 years ago. remembered myself wanted to be a parent like that, not much to provide, materially, but always provide hope for the children, and love them, just love them. I thought about it again while I was driving to my work. I guess 20 years ago I hoped to have a father like that, I wasn't asking a lot, maybe just giving me hope, just like in the song, bring me to go some places, to explore, to venture, to start a new life.

I dreamed and it remained a dream to have a father like that. When I realized it wasn't going to happened, I did it myself, I hoopped on a plane in 1991, started my journey myself. The journey didn't end in Japan and it continued in the US.

The journey to the US was a risky one. I came here with one suitcase and the money for my one year tuition. You asked what I had to do after I run out of money, I would tell you I didn't know, but I had hope, I guessed I would survived. And I survived.

But I had to say that the journey wasn't a lonely one. I started it all by myself, but now we have 4 people in our family. My then boyfriend and now my husband joined my boat and I still remembered we moved in this studio with only his suitcase. Then, we saw a matress and a table in th hallway, and that was our furnitures for the entire first year. Then, we added, and added, and added, and now we have a house, steady jobs, happy kids, happy marriage, nothing else to ask for.

I believe we find our life meaningful because we lived through the hardship. And now I wonder about our kids. They have privilege to live the life that we have earned, no hardship, no worries, and can they find their meaning of life in this utopia?

1 comment:

  1. 张三的歌是电影“父子关系”的主题,偶然在电视上看过。
    戏里做父亲的生活过的很不顺利,有一天把所有的家当搬到小货车上,载着儿子到别的地方去。镜头跟着小货车在公路上行走,这首歌不经意的唱着。

    好多年后我忘了其他的情节,只记得货车这一段。就像我记得有人告诉我他很喜欢《8又二分之一》专辑当中的一张照片,一个小孩伏在睡着了的男人身上,认真的看着男人的脸。

    那时,每个人心中都有个向往的国度,国度的名字叫远方。

    ReplyDelete