Kyle is starting to challenge my authority in the house. I like this priviledge at home. I don't have much control on my students, or I would say, I don't want to, because they are graduate students.
It is all about my expectation for them. I want them to be perfect, I want them to turn out to be what I expect them to be! ... well, you know it is impossible. I know...
Anyway, today he has the courage to say to me, "Mama, why you always got to make choices?" I was surprised that he would ask that. Kyle has been very cooperative and obedience, and... lack of confidence. So, In some way, I was glad he asked. At least now he felt confident to challenge. I am really glad.
He has grown up. Yes, please, keep challenging the unchallenged. Nothing is impossible. I always tell Kyle and Autumn, if you want what you want, you have to earn it, work hard on it, and being respectfully on yourself and others while doing so. There are many bumps on the road, embrace the journey, treasure the process, and you will have a happy ending!
Oh, I forgot to mention, after Kyle asked me that one million dollor question, Autumn immediately said, " Well, because Mama is the boss of the house!"
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
在他们的心目中,我们是家里的boss
ReplyDelete在我们的心目中,他们才是我们boss